The Payments Association welcomes the opportunity to contribute to the BoE and HMT Consultation Paper “The digital pound: a new form of money for households and businesses?”.
The community’s response contained in this paper reflects views expressed by our members and industry experts recommended by them who have been interviewed and who are referenced below. As The Payment Association’s membership includes a wide range of companies from across the payments value chain, and diverse viewpoints across all job roles, this response cannot and does not claim to fully represent the views of all members.
We are grateful to the contributors to this response, which has been drafted by Riccardo Tordera, our Head of Policy & Government Relations and Robert Courtneidge, Board Advisor. We would also like to express our thanks to the BoE and HMT for their continuing openness in these discussions. We hope it advances our collective efforts to ensure that the UK’s payments industry continues to be progressive, world-leading, and secure, and effective at serving the needs of everyone who pays and gets paid.
- Abdel Badaoui, Director, Corporate Payments, WEX
- Andrew Whitworth, Policy Director, EMEA, Ripple
- Betsy Dorudi, Senior Regulatory Counsel, Head of Public Policy, ClearBank
- Chryssi Chorafa, CEO & Founder, StarLiX
- David Chan, CEO & Co-founder, eCora
- Edward, Hanrahan, Chief Programme Officer, Trust Payments
- Laura McCracken, Managing Director, Commerce & Payments – Global, Accenture
- Lorraine Mouat, Head of Payment Services, Thistle Initiatives
- Manish Garg, CEO & Founder, Banksly
- Simone Mazzuca, CEO & Founder, Wallex
- Sean Forward, CEO, paybl.com
- Varun Paul, CBDCs and Market Infrastructure Director, Fireblocks