Share this post
Following extensive research, analysis and testing, Thames Technology are excited to announce that they have added a new HP Indigo 35K digital offset press to enhance our printing capabilities for financial and retail cards as well as associated packaging.
They have listened to their customers and the new press, which is now on-site and in its testing phase, is their answer to requests for more flexible print options. It is the first of its kind in the UK as well as the EMEA region, taking Thames Technology’s production facilities to a completely new level.
What does this mean for Thames Technology’s customers?
- Shorter print runs. Increased efficiency will mean they can offer shorter print runs for digitally printed products. This enables customers to use dual branding, test the popularity of different designs, test demand for non-traditional gift card events and respond quickly to promotions.
- State of the art print capability. The print quality of the HP Indigo is market-leading, complementing existing technology with a new digital solution.
- Fast delivery. By printing more jobs over a shorter period – and in a format better suited for our finishing setup – they can offer faster delivery across an even wider range of products.
- Mass customisation. The digital printing technology opens the doors for customised and personalised products helping their customers create new market opportunities.
The technical bit …
- Print speeds of up to 4,600 sheets per hour
- High-definition print quality
- Capable of printing on all current substrates
- Colour capability including CMYK, OVG, spot for most Pantone colours, premium white, UV and more
The bigger picture
With Thames Technology already at the leading edge of personalisation, this new press provides yet another step change in their capability to fulfil the increasing demand for customised and personalised products via on-demand printing.
In addition, the new HP press fits in perfectly with the company’s continued drive to reduce its impact on the environment: Not only is it ideally suited to print on their recently launched Eden range of sustainable card materials, its highly efficient operation also reduces waste and minimises energy consumption.
Che Colford, General Manager at Thames Technology commented:
“We are thrilled about having taken this step, which will help us fulfil the requirements of our new and existing customers for quality print with a quick turn-around time regardless of quantity.
“The new digital press complements our current print capabilities and allows us to enhance our already broad offering for both the retail and finance sector even further.”
Tony Lock, UK &I Sales Manager, Label and Packaging at HP Indigo said:
“We are delighted to be working in collaboration with Thames Technology on this hugely exciting project to bring mass customisation, fast turnaround and short run capability to this important sector of the print market. Working with Thames Technology to help continue its drive to produce sustainable and environmentally friendly products, is something that HP Indigo are particularly proud to be involved with.”