The business payments company received the Gold Award in the Workplace Wellbeing Index awards
London, UK – 13th July 2022: FLEETCOR® UK today announces it has been credited with a Gold Award in the Workplace Wellbeing Index awards by Mind, the mental health charity. The Gold Award is given to employers who have successfully embedded mental health into their policies and practices. In particular, they are the organisations that demonstrate a long-term and in-depth commitment to staff mental health.
Mind reports that in 2020/21 only 58% of those who experienced poor mental health while at work felt confident that they would be supported if they disclosed it to their employer. And 46% of people who did disclose their mental health problem to their employer felt that their situation stayed the same afterwards. The charity’s Workplace Wellbeing Index is a benchmark of best policy and practice, and its awards celebrate the achievements of its participants, recognising employers taking action to prioritise better mental health in the workplace.
In its second year completing the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, FLEETCOR has been recognised for its commitment to mental health and wellbeing and gone one better from last year, in winning gold. This includes providing all staff managers training in managing mental health and providing specialised training to more than 20 employees to become Mental Health First Aiders.
The organisation also offers membership to meditation apps, counselling, and mental health support services for all staff, as well as holding webinars and seminars to promote awareness, and a dedicated inbox for mental health enquiries. Its Wellbeing and Mental First Health First Aiders support employees and ensure the company’s dedicated Mental and Physical Wellbeing Policy is upheld.
Paula Halliday, HR Director at FLEETCOR UK, said: “As a society, awareness around mental health is improving all the time, but implementing change takes time. That’s why we at FLEETCOR have made it a priority to reduce the stigma around mental health issues, working to create an open and supportive culture with tools in place that our employees can access at any time. This includes teaching skills that would enable our employees to better cope, and having our leaders talk openly about their experiences too.”
Alan King, FLEETCOR Group President, Global Fleet, added: “We are delighted to have been recognised by Mind for the way in which we support our employees and colleagues with their mental health. It’s important that the focus is on our staff and ensuring they are advocated for with tools and initiatives now and long into the future.”
For more information, visit: https://www.mind.org.uk/workplace/workplace-wellbeing-index/
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global corporate payments company that helps businesses spend less by providing innovative solutions that enable and control expense-related purchasing and payment processes. The FLEETCOR portfolio of brands automate, secure, digitize and manage payment transactions on behalf of businesses across more than 100 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
About Mind and its Workplace Wellbeing Awards:
- We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. mind.org.uk
- Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday)
- Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing programme aims to help people understand and start talking about the costs of neglecting mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Mind offers free resources for employers to help improve mental wellbeing and employee engagement: www.mind.org.uk/workmind.org.uk/work
- Mind’s income has been affected by the outbreak of coronavirus, largely due to the temporary closure of our charity shops across England and Wales, and the cancellation or postponement of major fundraising events. To help us continue our vital work, donate to our emergency appeal: www.mind.org.uk/donate
- Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards recognise and celebrate the good work employers are doing to promote staff mental wellbeing. Forward-thinking employers can get involved in next year’s by visiting www.mind.org.uk/index